6 Healthy Tips While You Are On Vacation!
Summer is just around the corner for some of us, while others are just finishing up their vacations. Either ways, all of us have some travel plans between May and September, right?
While vacations are definitely a time to let go of your routine and take a break, it is always a good idea to take care of your health along the way. Plus, it is never a great feeling to come back from a vacation and feel completely crappy about gaining those 5+ pounds!!! Are you with me?
So here are a few healthy tips when you are travelling or on vacation:
1. Carry your healthy favorites:
Whether you are going on a road trip or taking a flight, it is always a good idea to pack up some of your favorite healthy snacks on the go. You never know when you can get caught in a traffic jam or get flight delays! These are usually the times when we tend to stuff ourselves with unhealthy snacks like candy bars and chips. Some of my favorites include a mixed nuts, dried fruit, Kind bars, Kale Chips or multigrain wheat thins.
2. Do some advance research about your stay:
If you are planning a vacation, it is always a good idea to find out where you can exercise when you get there. Your hotel might have a gym you could use or take a class at. If you are staying with someone, you could squeeze in a home workout. Either ways, it is good to know your options in advance and plan your vacation accordingly.
3. Pack some active wear:
You don’t have to fill up your suitcase with workout clothes, but carry a few pairs along. I cannot tell you how motivating it is to see a pair of yoga pants in your hotel room closet! You might just put them on and head to a yoga class, instead of lazing by the pool.
4. When you eat more, you burn more:
It is normal to consume extra calories when you are on vacation. You are exploring new food, drinking alcohol and eating dessert. The key is to balance it out by staying as active as possible throughout the day and burning a few extra calories. While getting a quick workout at the gym or in your room is great, you can always plan activities that involve walking, hiking, swimming or playing a sport with your family.
5. Share your meal:
Vacation is a time to explore new food. Instead of ordering the entire dish for you, order one thing and split it with your spouse and kids. For example: Having one dessert among all of you is going to do much less damage than ordering separate desserts for everyone on the table.
Make sure you carry a bottle of water with you and sip it through out the day. Most vacation spots are hot. The heat along with the change in your diet can leave you feeling dull and bloated. Drinking water through out the day will help to keep you hydrated.
Here’s what I personally do when I am travelling:
1. I have been using the Fit In Fifteen workouts when I am on vacation. I can do them in the hotel room, at the hotel gym or at someone’s house, as all I need is 15 minutes and some space. The workouts leave me sweaty and feeling really great for the rest of the day.
Learn more about Fit In Fifteen >>>
2. I also try to say as active as I can and choose to walk instead of taking the taxi, when I get a chance. That way, I can burn off the extra calories I am consuming.
3. I carry packets of Isagenix shakes with me. I love them because they are loaded with the right balance of all essential nutrients. I like to have one shake everyday when I am on vacation, as it takes care of my protein intake and also leaves me feeling full longer.
Hope you guys enjoy your summer and use some of these tips when you travel.
If you are looking to lose that stubborn body fat and make a lifestyle change that will help you to maintain the new body you have worked so hard to get, I highly recommend trying our program Fit In Fifteen. It’s all about consistency so you can get results fast and hold on to them for good. Click here to join our tribe >>>