With 15-minutes you can burn calories all day long
Are you someone who tends to avoid exercise or gets bored of it easily? Well, I hate spending hours at the gym or working out longer than 30 minutes at a time too! I don’t have that much time everyday and I don’t have that much patience either!
For me exercise is fun only if it is:
• Quick (no more than 30 minutes)
• Efficient (which means it leaves me feeling sweaty and accomplished)
• Effective (which means it burns body fat and gets be stronger over time)
Now, most people wonder how a workout as short as 15 to 30 minutes can help you to burn body fat and tone up, so here’s the science behind it …
When you exercise, your body produces a hormone called “Irisin” (aka the exercise hormone). This hormone is produced only for the duration you are working out but it stays in your bloodstream for hours and helps you to burn calories even after you are done working out.
Here is how Irisin works:
1. Irisin activates genes and a protein that transform white fat cells (which are basically the cells that store fat) into brown fat cells. Brown fat cells are the ones that burn calories in order to generate heat. Brown fat is often referred to as the “good” fat, since it helps us burn, not store, calories.
2. Irisin also inhibits the formation of fatty tissue. Irisin stops your body from turning undifferentiated stem cells into fat cells and encourages the stem cells to become bone-forming cells, thus promoting bone health.
So now that you know what Irisin does, you need to know how to get more of it. Though it might be nice if we could just get Irisin in a pill, right now the only way to boost your levels are through exercise! 15 to 20 minutes of medium to high intensity exercise, 4-6 times/week will boost your Irisin and help your body to burn fat even when you are not working out.
Some of the recommended exercises are:
1. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
3. Circuit Strength Training
Our program Fit In Fifteen is based on the very concept that a workout needs to be short and effective at the same time! We have a wide range of workouts for all fitness levels and most of them require no equipment!
Each workout is designed to get your heart rate up, make you sweat and get your body in the fat burning mode in 15 minutes! Check it out: Learn more about Fit in Fifteen >